Neck pain is a common problem among adults in Milwaukie, OR. As your chiropractor in Milwaukie, we treat patients suffering from neck pain because of injuries, chronic conditions and more. Some types of neck pain are caused by lifestyle factors that can be changed. Knowing the cause of your neck pain can help you get the neck pain treatment you need and can prevent the problem from happening in the future.
Neck Pain Common Causes
- Text neck. Text neck is a condition that occurs when patients spend too much time looking down at mobile devices. This places strain on the vertebrae, changes the posture and can lead to chronic pain.
- Whiplash. Whiplash occurs when the head and neck is suddenly jerked hard, often as the result of a car accident, causing muscles and ligaments to develop tiny tears. Whiplash can take weeks to show symptoms.
- Poor posture. Poor posture can lead to subluxations and puts strain on the muscles and ligaments of the neck. Poor posture also causes headaches.
- Poor ergonomics. Poor ergonomics can cause chronic pain and injury over a long period of time. For many people, the best way to avoid this problem is to sit in an ergonomically correct chair at work and to make ergonomic changes at home.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is a condition that occurs when the spinal column puts pressure on the spinal cord, causing pain, tingling, numbness and so on.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Milwaukie, OR
At Eastside Spine and Injury in Milwaukie, OR, we help our patients identify the cause of their neck pain, then we use all natural chiropractic techniques to treat their condition. Our targeted therapies help our patients treat their pain at its source, so they can enjoy improved quality of life and avoid neck pain in the future. Whether you’re experiencing temporary neck pain because of an injury or you suffer from chronic neck pain, we can help. To make an appointment, contact us today at (503) 654-7400.