Natural, Non-Invasive & Drug-Free Neck Pain Treatment in Milwaukie, OR
If you have neck pain that persists for more than just a day or two, then chances are you’re experiencing other problems, too. At Eastside Spine and Injury, our patients with neck pain also report feeling neck stiffness, muscle spasms, shoulder pain, and even headaches or TMJ pain. This is largely due to the fact that the muscles, joints, ligaments, nerves, and other connective tissues in your cervical region are all closely linked with each other.
At Eastside Spine and Injury, home to your chiropractor in Milwaukie, OR, Dr. Sims, we approach neck pain treatment in such a way that all these connecting tissues are assessed and addressed. It’s our job to identify all the underlying factors contributing to (and/or directly causing) your neck pain so that we can not only relieve your symptoms but hopefully prevent your symptoms from becoming a chronic health problem.
Causes of Neck Pain
- Poor posture and ergonomics. Modern day advances in technology have done wonders for our lives–but have also done a number on our spines! Look around–we are constantly hunched over our phones or sitting at desks typing away on a computer with our heads bent forward. Over time, this prolonged cervical flexion can lead to significant strain on the tissues in our neck, leading to neck pain and any of its related symptoms.
- Traumatic events. Slips, trips, falls, car accidents, and/or sporting accidents (especially in high-impact sports) can often lead to an acute injury in the cervical region. These injuries also tend to present with inflammation, swelling, and muscle guarding.
- Age-related changes. Over time, the normal wear and tear on our bodies can lead to changes in our spine that may predispose us to injuries, including acute or chronic neck pain. Our postural muscles may lose some of their endurance, our joints may become less mobile, our joint surfaces may begin to degrade, and our spinal ligaments and other tissues may become less elastic and pliable.
Environmental factors, including smoking, sleep quality (and mattress/pillow quality), and stress has been shown to cause or exacerbate neck pain, as well.
Specific causes of neck pain that your chiropractor in Milwaukie, Dr. Sims, often diagnoses on his examinations include:
- Cervical radiculopathy or related nerve impingement
- Facet joint lock and/or joint subluxation
- Disc herniation or disc bulge
- Muscle spasm or strain
Neck Pain Treatment from Your Chiropractor in Milwaukie, OR
Having neck pain can seriously impact your quality of life. It can make it difficult to sleep, exercise, drive, or even tolerate basic work tasks such as desk work (let alone more physically demanding work). When you schedule an appointment with your chiropractor in Milwaukie to help manage your neck pain, he’ll develop a neck pain treatment plan that is customized to meet your specific needs. Your non-invasive and drug-free treatments may include:
- Spinal adjustments
- Spinal decompression
- Massage therapy
- Work ergonomic training and postural analysis
Is your neck pain not going away on its own, and you’re tired of relying on medication for symptomatic relief? Allow Milwaukie chiropractor Dr. Brian Sims to help. Call (503) 654-7400 today to schedule an initial consultation–FREE to new patients!